Roles and responsibilities
We're looking for a creative and self-driven computational scientist to join our team as one of two first hires. This person will own our interactions with end users, including onboarding popular computational tools to our repository. They will work flexibly and collaboratively with our founding team, contributing to decisions about the business and product. As we scale, this person may transition to a leadership role that matches their strengths and career goals.
- 5+ years of full time experience in a life science research environment
- Strong computational research skills, knowledge about communities/trends in the field
- Demonstrated interest in improving human and computational systems
- Takes initiative with self-teaching, works well on teams, is a great communicator, comfortable with giving and taking constructive feedback, can bring transformative perspective
Nice but not necessary
- Experience with multiple common research coding languages (e.g., Python, MATLAB, R)
- Nerding out about science/philosophy of science, open source projects, pharma/biotech
- Compensation: $100k-$150k base salary, 0.25%-1.5% equity
- Health insurance, dental, vision
- Flexible work schedule & funds available for relocation or equipment
- Benefits are flexible, depending on the needs of a great candidate. Tell us what you need!